Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The baby tour begins...


While in SF, I of course made a date to meet up with my old friends, Sam and Alex. Not only did I get to visit their beautiful home, but I also got to meet their adorable son, Nathan. This little tyke has the most amazing blue-gray eyes and makes the most engaging and amusing facial expressions I've ever seen. I was impressed to the point of being nearly speechless as I watched Nathan get absolutely spoiled as his father gave him a full body massage (we should all be so lucky!) and then his mother gave him a bath.

After bath time, it was time to kiss little Nathan goodnight and to let the adults share in some wine and conversation. Alex's mother was staying with them, so I also had the chance to chat with her and get to see what an endearing and interesting woman she is. With a mother like her, no wonder Alex is so cool! And, I must say that I was very, very impressed with Sam's ability to speak French. He chatted away almost like it was his mother tongue. I kept my French practice mainly to listening, since just about every time I tried to open my mouth to speak French with Alex's mother, the only thing that wanted to come out was Chinese. Luckily, Alex's mother is multilingual, so we were able to enjoy our conversation by bouncing around between languages. Oh, and by the way, le poulet etait delicieux!

1 comment:

Samuel Fell said...

We enjoyed seeing you as well (thanks for all the nice compliments -- you would have been invited back in any case)