Sunday, August 5, 2007

Yangming Shan, take 2


Exactly a week from the day of my previous excursion to Yangming Shan, I found myself on the bus heading back to the mountain - this time in the company of my long-time friend, Andrew, and my student-turned-friend, Nick. This time Nick took us to the path heading up to the highest peak at Yangming Shan, and reaching it was no easy feat. The path was pretty much a straight set of stairs all the way up. Though the path itself was shaded and the day itself was cloudy, I sweat about 5 times more than I had on my previous trip to the mountain. The top was truly other-worldly, though. With the heavy cloud cover, it felt like we had reached another plane. However, after all those stairs, I've found myself much more partial to elevators than I ever could've imagined...

No comments: