Friday, October 26, 2007

hometown blues

Apologies to all Chicagoans and Chicago fans out there, but those of you who know me well also know that Chicago, despite it being my place of birth, is just not my kind of town. Now, I do appreciate my parents' swank apartment with the top floor decked out like a health spa and resort, the lake, the bike path that runs along the lake, the architecture, and the increasing abundance and variety of good food to be had in this city, but, somehow home just doesn't feel like home anymore.

However, there is something that I do greatly enjoy about Chicago and that will keep me coming back for the rest of my life - friends. I loved being back and reuniting with old friends from high school and beyond.

First there was the night with Dan and Melissa, when I got to meet yet another adorable baby - Melissa's son, Max.

And then there was a trip up to Evanston for a dinner with Susie, Crissy, Brandon & Elizabeth, and Colleen (whose husband, Chris, was missed!)

1 comment:

Melissa Downham Photography said...

yay! I'm on the first page....for now!